18th March 2020 21.44 hours
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Control Measures
Wrotham Heath Golf Club Guidance for Member on COVID-19
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL MEMBERS
23rd March 2020
The following information has been put together following the revised guidance this week from the Government about the anticipated increase on risk of COVID-19. The Board met to consider the impacts on our Club and have agreed the following actions. Your health and safety have to be our main concern.
1. AGM & CAPTAIN’S DRIVE-IN
The AGM has been postponed indefinitely but PLEASE GET YOUR VOTING PAPERS TO THE CLUB IF YOU CAN. They will be counted on Saturday as planned. We think it will be preferable to elect the new Board, to abide by members wishes and to enable business continuity.
The Captain’s drive-in will take place on Saturday as planned, at 2:30pm. Please come and support your new Club Captain, John Siddle who will offer you a drink and a limited buffet on the patio afterwards. His election has to be subject to confirmation by the members (usually a show of hands at the AGM) but will take place on-line in the next few days. PLEASE VOTE !
2. THE MOTHER’S DAY CARVERY has been cancelled.
3. GENERAL HEALTH REQUIREMENTS :
- You MUST use the sanitiser before entering the Clubhouse. Washing hands is better !PLEASE maintain social distancing (2m/6ft is advised). We will be reducing the seating in the Spike Bar and Lounge to help comply.
- OVER 70’s : Government STRONGLY advises avoiding non-essential contact and to shield yourself from social contact, as you are the age group at most risk, but playing golf is good exercise ! If you do come to the Club, we recommend that, to limit the risk of catching the virus through getting close to people and touching surfaces, you avoid using the Clubhouse facilities, with the exception of the toilets.
- YOU MUST ACQUAINT YOURSELF WITH THE LATEST ISOLATION GUIDELINES ABOUT COUGHS AND FEVERS, AND RETURNING FROM ABROAD. Please do not come to the Club for 14 days if you have any symptoms, and 14 days if you have been in contact with anyone else who has. Please do not come to the Club for 14 days if you have returned from abroad, so that you are sure you will not develop the symptoms.
4. PLAYING GOLF :
- With immediate effect, NO GUESTS OR VISITORS are allowed (12-week period)
- INTER-CLUB MATCHES ARE POSTPONED (12-week period)(rearrangement may not be possible)
- ALL COMPETITIONS INVOLVING VISITORS ARE CANCELLED (12-week period)
- BEAT CAPTAIN & PRO FINAL POSTPONED (12-week period)
- CLARET JUG EVENT (April 18th) IS POSTPONED or cancelled (Sept onwards)
- LADIES LPGA EVENT IS POSTPONED or cancelled (Sept onwards)
- CLUB COMPETITIONS involving scorecard completion (Stablefords) medals, etc) are cancelled.
- CLUB COMPETITIONS that do NOT require scorecards or PSI entry & involving less than 4 members can be played e.g. knock-outs, (may be revisited if Govt advice/regulation changes)
- Supplementary Cards temporarily suspended (IG providing solution
- Leave flags in.
- Bunker rakes have been removed. Take relief in the bunker as required.
- Ball washers, the air-line and divot boxes have been taken out of service.
- The bells on the 3rd, 6th and 15th will be covered. Please take additional precautions to ensure players in front have moved on.
The board will do everything within its power to keep the golf course open for members to play, however this is reliant on green staff being well, and therefore we would ask members to avoid contacting or speaking to the green staff from now on. They will be self-isolating themselves from the clubhouse. Without our green staff, the course will have to close, so we would appreciate your cooperation and avoid social contact with them for the foreseeable future.
- BAR AND CATERING FACILITIES : We will endeavour to keep the house facilities open, additional control measures are being put in place to further protect the staff, and this will mean that the areas where members would normally sit will be significantly reduced, limiting numbers both in the spike bar and lounge bar. To keep these facilities open, we must ensure that we minimise possible contamination of our staff, so we ask that you think of others, and ensure you do not overcrowd the areas, remember social distancing guidance from the government
6. SOCIAL MEMBERS are requested not to attend the Club.
7. BRIDGE CLUB has been suspended until further notice.
THERE IS MUCH ‘GUIDANCE’ COMING FROM GOVERNMENT AND FROM GOLFING BODIES WHICH THE CLUB WILL FURTHER IMPLEMENT IF WE THINK IT APPROPRIATE.
WHILST WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO PROVIDE AN ENVIRONMENT THAT IS AS ‘SAFE’ AS WE CAN MAKE IT, ALL MEMBERS MUST EXERCISE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY TO PROTECT THEMSELVES, AND OTHER MEMBERS, FROM THIS INFECTION.
Keep well and Thank you
We WILL all get through this.
Wrotham Heath Golf Club Limited
China > Cambodia > Iran > Hong Kong > Japan > Laso > Daegu or Cheongdo (Republic of Korea).
Italy > Spain > Macau > Malaysia > Myanmar > Republic of Korea > Singapore > Taiwan > Thailand > Vietnam.
What we know about the Coronavirus Disease
However in the meantime the following video has been produced by the World Health Organisation on what people should do to protect themselves from catching the coronavirus disease.
Contact the office by Telephone 01732 884800 Option 2
Contact the office by Email firstname.lastname@example.org
All information will be kept in the strictest confidence, but you will be asked if you have contacted NHS 111.